The first patch for Overwatch 2 in 2023 has arrived and it just may change the landscape of the game once again. Well, at least for tanks. On Thursday January 5, the Overwatch 2 developers announced a patch in which both Junker Queen and Zarya received notable buffs. Brigitte and Moira were also recipients of some additional power, gaining some additional durability in a faster 5v5 environment.
The Overwatch 2 team has noted that these midseason patches would happen regularly in hopes to keep the game fresh. The most recent patch came through as a hotfix to revert previous buffs to Doomfist and to give the latest tank Ramattra some more firepower. In Thursday’s patch, it looks as though nothing needed to be tuned down this time around as no character received a nerf. Check out the detailed changes below.
- Now heals for the remaining wound damage when an enemy dies with wounds on them
- Cooldown is now reduced by 2 seconds for each enemy it impacts
- Thrown impact damage reduced from 80 to 50
- Thrown direct impacts now add a 30 damage wound to the stuck target. Stacks with wounds caused by Quick Melee or returning Jagged Blade hits.
- Energy degeneration reduced from 2.2 to 2 per second
- Delay before energy degeneration begins after gaining energy increased from 1 to 2 seconds
[Related: Overwatch 2 December 15 Path Notes]
- Health increased from 250 to 300
- Dealing damage with Biotic Orb now restores a small amount of Biotic Energy
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment
You can like The Game Haus on Facebook! And make sure to follow us on Twitter for more sports and esports articles from other TGH writers. Follow Bryan on Twitter @esportsbrock for more updates on Overwatch, VALORANT, and the LCS