Amazon Games boasts that the online RPG Lost Ark has already been played by 4.7 million people. 55% of those are from North and South America, and 45% from Europe.
The number of 4.7 million players of course refers only to the western version of the game and does not fully reflect the popularity of this game, as for several years now Lost Ark has been available on the Asian market.
- Lost Ark Review: Setting the Standard for a Modern MMORPG
Lost Ark Going Big on Twitch
Lost Ark enjoys great popularity on Twitch:
- At the hottest moment after the launch day broadcasts from the game were followed by 1.2 million viewers at the same time,
- To date, more than 59.9 million hours of content from the game have been viewed,
- The total number of streams has exceeded 112,000.
Amazon Games Wants to Become Industry Leader as Customer-centric Company
Mike Frazzini, vice president of games at Amazon, commented on a press release with the data, stating that the company wants to become the most customer-focused entity in the industry.
both Lost Arkas well as the earlier New World are among the top five games with the highest activity scores in the history of Steam. Lost Ark is second only to PUBG: Battlegrounds.
The future of Amazon Games also looks promising. The group is working on several unannounced projects. Among them are:
- An online shooter from the developers previously working on Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege,
- A new game from the team led by John Smedley (former head of Sony Online Entertainment),
- A Co-op game from Glowmade (creators of RustHeart).
Deteriorating Reception on Steam
The release of the western version of Lost Ark was not without some problems, however. Players complain mainly about the large queues on servers. This reflects negatively on Steam ratings.
- One day after launch 78% of user notes were positive.
- On the 14th of February it was only 69%..
- At the time of writing the share of positive ratings has dropped to 68%..
The situation may improve soon, as the devs are to launch a new server region in Europe.