Fans of Civilization 6 are increasing speculating about what they will see in the next installation of the series. This time they based their guesses on what’s in another 4X strategy – human child. They pointed out the game’s features executed significantly better than Firaxis’ title.
Here’s what Humankind does better
As you may have guessed, the list does not end with three items. civilization Fans see a lot of room for introducing new, diversifying gameplay features in their beloved strategy. For example by drawing some inspiration from human child.
- The most frequently cited feature of Amplitude Studios’ games is that the map has multiple types of terrain. In civilization we have only flat surfaces (with a variant of uplands) and mountains. The variety of terrain, of course, affects the movement of units or the possibility of building a given territory.
- A problematic feature in civilization is, according to many players, the combat. While the beginnings may seem the same, as we move to different eras human child offers much more room. Battles can take place on a larger scale, and terrain and unit management are also important factors.
- Players have also pointed out that in human child we start out the gameplay as a nomadic community. This is the phase in which the player must focus on obtaining food, collecting goods, or exploring the map and choosing a place to set up their main base.
- According to some civilization could also use differentiation of the effects of strategic and luxury goods and resources.
- So the vassal system present in human child came up as a suggestion. Players brought it up mainly in terms of multiplayer gameplay, where instead of completely eliminating someone from the game, you can reap financial benefits from them.
The perfect 4X game
There are, of course, many more suggestions. However, it is impossible not to get the impression that the players, listing all the pros and cons of civilization other human child, are actually coming close to creating the their own perfect 4X title (although this one would probably still find its opponents).
Speaking of a game close to perfection, it’s worth mentioning that civilization 6 itself is far from perfect. That’s why numerous mods are being created for the game, which significantly improve some aspects. We recommend some mods that should appear as basic features in the next installment of civilization here.
At the very end it is also worth mentioning Ara: History Untoldannounced during Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase. We do not know much about the game, although we can expect that it will not repeat the formula of civilization formula and will bring something new to the 4X genre.