- Halo infinity has been played by over 20 million people – the best debut in the history of the series;
- racing game ForzaHorizon 5 has been checked out by around 18 million players;
- Microsoft’s games division’s sales increased;
- Growth was fueled by the release of the company’s proprietary games, including Halo infinity and ForzaHorizon 5;
- Microsoft’s revenue from sales of games from other publishers was lower, partly due to disappointing results CoD: Avant-garde and Battlefield 2042.
Halo Infinite emerged as one of the most polished games out there late last year. now we learned that the title is also a big commercial hit.
Microsoft boasted about it Halo infinity has already been played by over 20 million people, resulting in the game having the best debut in the brand’s history. This number does not equate to sales results. Multiplayer is available in F2P model, and the paid campaign can also be played as part of Game Pass subscription. Despite this, the result is still very impressive.
The result was presented on the official Halo brand Twitter account.
This isn’t the end of the good news from Microsoft. The enterprise announced its financial results for the past quarter. Gaming industry-related revenue increased by 8% compared to the last three months of 2020. The hardware category earned 4% more, while games and services earned 10% more.
Interestingly, the increase in revenue from the sale of games and services was mainly due to the growing popularity of Game Pass, which was launched recently exceeded the threshold of 25 million subscribers and the debuts of games published by Microsoft. The last quarter of 2021 was exceptionally productive in this regard. During this time, the company not only published Halo infinity but also Forza Horizon 5 and Age of Empires IV. In announcing the financial results, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella boasted that ForzaHorizon 5 has already been played by more than 18 million people.
On the other hand, there was a decline in sales of games from other publishers, mainly due to the disappointing performance of Call of Duty: Vanguard and, above all, to the failure of Battlefield 2042.
Remember that the free multiplayer mode of Halo infinity debuted in November 2021 (in open beta) and the paid story campaign was released in December. The game was released on PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.