The free version of the game is now available for download on all platforms except PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
- Fall Guys on Epic Games Store
- Fall Guys – download for XONE and XSX/S
- Fall Guys – download for Nintendo Switch
Today marks the beginning of a new chapter in the history of the popular multiplayer game Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout.
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout will debut today on Xbox One, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch and Xbox Series X. Until now, the game was only available on PC and PS4.
- Simultaneously with the release on the new platforms, the game will switch to a free-to-play model.
- The game will use a free-to-play model with microtransactions on all hardware platforms.
- The project has already been removed from sale on Steam. However, people who bought it on Valve’s platform will still receive updates.
- The free PC version will only be available for download from Epic Games Store.
- The game will offer a cross-play option, enabling owners of different hardware platforms to play together.
More for you:
- 10 Indie Games That Outsold AAA Hits
At the same time, the so-called Season 1: Free for All! will debut, which will offer new challenges and rewards.
Recall that Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout debuted in August 2020 on PC and PS4. The game turned out to be a huge hit – only on Steam more than 11 million copies have been sold. On PlayStation 4, the game was initially available as part of the PS Plus subscription and the project quickly became most downloaded game in the history of this service.
In March last year, Tonic Games, the studio responsible for the game was bought by Epic Games, but until now the game was available on Steam.
It is worth adding that Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is not the first game that went through such a process. In 2019, Epic Games acquired the creators of Rocket League. In the case of this game, after some time it was removed from distribution on Steam and switched to F2P.