A fan by the handle boy dug into the files of Dying Light 2 and found a number of hidden elements, which appear to come from the upcoming story DLC.
- The expansion is titled Opera and in the files it is marked as “dlc-1”.
- The plot is said to revolve around gladiator fights held inside the building of the former opera house.
- The DLC will be story-driven, with no shortage of murdering zombies and parkour.
- Several thousand dialogue lines were found in the files, which gives a good indication of the scenario’s scope.
- The DLC will feature many new character models and additional equipment.
You can watch the elements found by Bub in the video below. They are largely incomplete, but they give a good idea of the direction the DLC is heading.
Of course, until the official announcement, all this information should be approached with caution, as Techland’s plans could change.
Recall that, according to official reports, the DLC will not require completing the game. The authors promise that the DLC will prove to be designed out of the box and will surprise players more than the base game. The expansion is expected to be released in September.
More for you:
- Dying Light 2 – Best Mods
- Dying Light 2’s Story DLC Won’t Require Completing the Game
Dying Light 2 was released on February 4, this year, simultaneously for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. There are also plans for a Nintendo Switch edition that will take advantage of the streaming technology, but for now there is no word on when we can expect its release.
The game has been under intense development since its debut day. In addition to patches two free DLCs have already been released (Authority Pack and Ronin Pack) as well as a number of updates, many of which introduced new content.