A fan known as Razed has prepared an interesting mod for Dying Light 2.. The project is called called Enhanced Mod and its aim is to improve the visuals.
- Dying Light 2 Enhanced Mod – download modification from our FTP (author gave us permission to host a mirror)
- Mod thread on Steam
Changes Introduced by Enhanced Mod to Dying Light 2
- More shadows.
- Adds better fog at further ranges.
- Changes the weather cycle so that it rains more often at night. Also makes it easier to encounter fog, cloud cover, and thunderstorms (this feature will unlock when you get to the second map).
- Increases the level of detail at long range for trees, shadows, and other objects.
- Increases the number of zombies and other enemies on maps.
- Removes or reduces various post-processing filters such as lens flare, sky blur, glows, streaks, etc.
- Slightly modifies minimum and maximum exposure values.
- Gently adjusts contrast and saturation, so there is no more reason to use ReShade filters, for example.
- Unlocks and activates many additional graphic settings that were included in the engine, but not enabled in the game. This feature is heavily experimental and some of these features don’t work yet.
What is the effect of these changes?
The creator shared a graphic comparing the standard version of the game with the edition with the mod installed:
Standard version of the game at the top, the version with the mod installed at the bottom.
What the mod struggles with
The creator admits that not everything in the mod works as it should. He has the biggest problems with LOD (Level of Detail) functions, because he is unable to fully understand how exactly this element of the engine works in Dying Light 2. As a result, for some reason, the mod functions that increase detail at long range do not turn on properly on some PCs.
The creator intends to keep digging into the game until he finds a way to fix these and other small problems.
Dying Light 2 was released on February 4, simultaneously on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. In a few months, Nintendo Switch owners will also be able to play the game thanks to streaming technology.