- New screenshots from The Callisto Protocol have hit the web, published by Game Informer;
- President of Striking Distance, Glen A. Schofield, confessed on Twitter that the game’s action will not take place in the same universe as PUBG.
With each passing month The Callisto Protocol grows to be not only a spiritual heir, but also a rival to the iconic survival horror game series Dead Space (since the later will receive a remake in a few months). First screenshots from the game were posted on Redditwhich come from an interview given by Glen A. Schofield (head of Striking Distance) for the Game Informer magazine. They are not available in high quality, but still perfectly illustrate the terrifying nature of the game.
Moreover, Schofield recently revealed on Twitter that The Callisto Protocol will not be sharing the world with the battle royale game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (aka PUBG: Battlegrounds). The title was originally supposed to belong to the same universe, but present the events taking place a few hundred years later and on a different planet. This was part of the cooperation with Krafton, which owns PUBG. Eventually, the creators came to the conclusion that the two games do not fit together, so they decided to create their own world, in which, however, there will be references to this popular network game.
The Callisto Protocol – main character, combat and inspirations
According to IGN (citing the aforementioned interview) the game’s protagonist will not be able to boast of huge combat abilities – Jacob Lee is an average spaceship pilot without military training.
- According to designer Ben Walker, the player will have to use every tool available to deal with mutated opponents. According to his words, even a single enemy is going to be a big challenge.
- Of course, Lee can count on a number of weapons typical for most horrors, such as a club, pistol or shotgun. He will also make use of a device known as a GRP, which enables him to to attract and repel environmental elements and enemies. This element will probably be used in combat and while solving environmental puzzles.
- Probably some of you immediately associated it with telekinesis, which appeared in DeadSpace. Schofield admitted in an interview that he does not intend to cut off from the interesting ideas just because they appeared in other games. Especially if these were works of his authorship – because the producer worked on the first part of the former series.
More for you:
- Dead Space Remake is Chance for Great Comeback
The Callisto Protocol should debut this year, however, we have not yet learned the exact release date. It looks like this title will have to compete with Dead Space Remake. The title prepared by Motive should hit the market on January 27, 2023.