The Blast Premier World Final will be the newest top esports event to be held without a live audience when it kicks off later this month.
The CSGO LAN final will be held from December 15-19, 2021 with eight well-known teams in the Blast Studio in Copenhagen, Denmark.
It will feature a $ 1 million prize pool – the tournament organizer’s biggest prize event. Blast Esports is registered in the UK and has offices in London and Denmark.
In a statement on the Blast website, the company said it is “confident and committed to running this event on the LAN with the current COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines, but will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves and adjust the event to meet all global restrictions and government guidelines “.
The news comes when a new strain of Covid-19 known as “Omicron” was recently identified.
Last weekend, the Blast Fall final won by Navi took place in front of a live audience at the Royal Arena in Copenhagen.
The Blast Premier World Final brings together the top teams from Blast tournaments this year. These are Ninjas in Pajamas, Astralis, Navi, Gambit, Heroic, G2 Esports, Team Liquid and Team Vitality.
Andrew Haworth, Blast Premier Commissioner, said: “The World Finals are the final for all teams competing in Counter-Strike in 2021 and the perfect opportunity to crown the best and most consistent team in the last 12 months of competition.
“The qualification mechanism for this event means that eight of the strongest teams will compete for our largest prize pool of $ 1 million this year. We can’t wait to welcome these teams to our Copenhagen studio and end the year in style. “
In other breaking news, UK Rainbow Six personalities criticized the upcoming Six Invitational 2022 for not having a live audience.
Other big events like the League of Legends World Championship and The Dota 2 International took place without a live audience earlier this year.
Dom is an award-winning writer who graduated from Bournemouth University in 2007 with a 2: 1 degree in multi-media journalism.
A longtime gamer who first picked up the NES controller in the late 1980s, he has written for a number of publications including GamesTM, Nintendo Official Magazine, industry publication MCV, Riot Games and others. He worked as Head of Content for the British Esports Association until February 2021 before returning full-time to Esports News UK and as an Esports consultant helping brands and companies better understand the industry.