Isle of Man esports organization X7 Esports has officially announced its NLC Division 1 roster for 2022 – and they have enlisted the services of a world champion.
South Korean jungler Haru, who won the 2017 World Championship with Samsung Galaxy, will play in the Northern League of Legends Championship (NLC) next year. Haru was a substitute for Samsung and played in one game as Ezreal in that World Cup tournament – a win over Fenerbahce.
Regardless, this is arguably the biggest addition – and the biggest list – in the history of the British and Nordic League of Legends. ENUK is aware that it is also the first time in this specific European Regional League (ERL) that a team has signed two Korean imports.
The official list of X7’s players and coaching staff is as follows:
- Above: Jaeger (formerly known as Smittyj, Germany)
- Jungle: Haru (South Korea)
- Center: Temptation (south korea)
- ADC: Nata (Denmark)
- Support: Kasing (UK)
- Sub jungle: Mag1cian (Sweden)
- Under middle / support: Twiizt (Sweden)
- Sub-ADC: KT (also known after Arsenal footballer Kieran Tierney, Sweden)
- Head coach: Nias (Belgium)
- Strategic Coach: Stefan (Serbia)
- Analyst: Devilpiotr (Poland)
- Leader of the league: Robinho (Great Britain)
X7 made waves in the UK’s League of Legends after taking over the other Orgs Bulldog and Absolved and receiving eSports sponsorship from the Isle of Man government.
Signings like this one – seasoned, proven talent in LoL – are another sign of intent and add to the reputation they build.